The Indian Card Clothing Co. Ltd has been an innovator in card clothing manufacturing since its inception in 1955. Originally a joint venture between Carclo Engineering Group and English Card Clothing, this company was established to solidify the presence of these private industries in India by shifting their manufacturing for the Indian market to the domestic level. After Carclo acquired English Card Clothing in 1979, it became the largest, global card clothing manufacturer and provider. ICC helped pioneer this change, through the development of metallic card clothing, replacing flexibles in the cotton carding process. In 1978, following Indira Gandhi’s Foreign Exchange Regulation Act (1973), Carclo diluted its share from 100% to 74%, with the outstanding shares being offered to domestic directors, employees and the general public. Finally, in 1985, English Card Clothing (a complete subsidiary of Carclo) sold its 57% stake in ICC, divesting its controlling interest and allowing the company to take on new management.
ICC continues its heritage of innovation: there was a concerned effort to develop and now grow the export sales and markets available to us; we strive to be the leading innovator in cardroom solutions and accessories. Now we are in over 18 overseas markets and aim to consistently grow and build new synergies across the globe. This will only be achieved through the consistent innovation required from any company to remain relevant and invaluable to their customers. Our work will always begin and end with our customer.
ICC continues to be a leader in carding solutions with path breaking solutions that helps the textile and non-woven industry in producing top-notch products.